OPERATION SUPPLY DROP AMBASSADOR PROGRAM
Our Ambassador program spawned from the need to provide increased support and recognition for specific community members excelling in fundraising, community outreach and corporate partnerships that allow us to fund our mission. As an Ambassador, you commit to a one-year renewable term representing Operation Supply Drop’s mission and values to help increase awareness of and investment for our impact programs.
Qualifications and Requirements
Operation Supply Drop Ambassadors assist in promoting our programs as well as participate in local volunteer efforts lead by The Teams. As an Ambassador, you will focus on raising Operation Supply Drop’s profile in your local community and personal networks through your own social media, networking events and outreach efforts. We recommend sticking within your existing abilities and social circles with the support of Operation Supply Drop’s message propelling you forward.
We expect that an Operation Supply Drop Ambassador is dedicated, first and foremost, to serving our veterans and their families. We believe that actions speak louder than words when it comes to delivering on our mission and, as an Ambassador you will do so with passion and commitment. This high level of enthusiasm will lead to success as you drive fundraising events and collaborate with individual and business sponsors for program investment and participation.
Joining the Ambassador Program
Participation in our Ambassador Program is open to all current Operation Supply Drop community members as well as individuals committed to evangelizing our programs. All volunteers are invited to submit referrals in line with the guidelines below. Once two qualifying referrals have been received by OSD’s staff in a given calendar-year, the community member will be promoted to an Ambassador and contacted to complete the Ambassador agreement and training. To maintain Ambassador recognition, three qualifying referrals must be received each calendar year beginning the year after the promotion.
The primary responsibility of an OSD Ambassador is to refer potential supporters in the following categories:
- Major Gifts
- Corporate Sponsors
- Event Hosts
- Event Sponsors
- Community Groups, Companies or Individuals based on local networks
Referrals are expected to be warm, meaning they’re companies or individuals with which the Ambassador as spoken with directly, is aware of Operation Supply Drop’s mission and how to provide support and is expecting a call from OSD Leadership.
Ambassadors are required to submit a minimum of three referrals per year to OSD using the form found at: https://operationsupplydrop.org/referral-form
- Be able to evangelize Operation Supply Drop’s mission, values, impact and veteran support ecosystem.
- Build upon existing networks in your local community to find individuals with interest in further scaling and investing in our programs.
- Connect local organizations and individuals with local chapters of The Teams for volunteer and outreach opportunities.
- Act as a resource for potential donors on different methods to get involved.
- Provide feedback to OSD leadership for improving the Ambassador Program and Operation Supply Drop at-large
- Join and Actively participate in Ambassador Channel on Slack
- Share OSD’s Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Instagram posts regularly
- Approach OSD leadership with new ideas to increase individual, community and corporate support
Once approved, new Ambassadors will receive the following from Operation Supply Drop:
- Personalized Business Cards
- Operation Supply Drop Polo Shirt
- Operation Supply Drop Tee Shirt
- Operation Supply Drop Stickers
- OperationSupplyDrop.org Email Address
- Access to Ambassador and Development Team Slack Channel
- Permission to add “Ambassador (Volunteer)” as position to professional networking sites including LinkedIn
For questions and additional information on applying for our Ambassador program, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org